#WhyUS Study Abroad Scholarship
Global Programs welcomes inbound Study Abroad (tuition-paying) students from Temple’s partner universities to apply for the Fall 2021 #WhyUS Study Abroad Scholarship. Applicants are encouraged to have a strong interest to study abroad in the United States and demonstrated financial need. The award amount is determined by the Global Programs scholarship awards committee in consultation with program officers at the applicant’s home university.
- Scholarship Level: USD $1,000 - $2,000 (applied in the 2021-2022 academic year)
- Basic Eligibility: Fall 2021 Study Abroad Applicants Only
- Scholarship Application Deadline: May 1
- Decision Notification: June 1
- Current student of a Temple University Study Abroad partner institution*
- Study Abroad applicant for Fall 2021 (full year Fall 2021-Spring 2022 applicants also eligible); Exchange program applicants are not eligible
- Strong desire to study abroad in the United States
- Demonstrated financial need
- Priority given to applicants with little international experience
*Study Abroad applicants from non-partner institutions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Students studying at Temple through an exchange program are not eligible to apply.
It is not necessary to have been accepted into the Study Abroad program at the time of submitting the scholarship application. If you withdraw from the Study Abroad program or fail to complete the pre-departure process, the scholarship will not be awarded. The winner of the #WhyUS Study Abroad Scholarship will be asked to serve as a student ambassador, which may include communicating with prospective study abroad students and sharing their experiences through information sessions and videos.
Please submit an online application, which includes the items below:
- Submission of either a 250 - 500-word essay or video (instructions within application)
- Scholarship evaluation survey by home university advisor