Fall 2021 #WhyTemple DBMD Scholarship
The #WhyTemple DBMD Scholarship will recognize a Fall 2021 applicant seeking to enhance their leadership potential and global vision through graduate study at Temple University. Applicants must demonstrate why they wish to pursue their master’s degree at Temple and how this experience will better develop them into global leaders.
- Scholarship Level: USD $10,000 per year total (applied in the 2021-2022 academic year)
- Basic Eligibility: Fall 2021 DBMD Applicants Only
- Scholarship Application Deadline: May 1
- Decision Notification: June 1
- Current student or alumni of a Temple University DBMD partner institution
- DBMD applicant for Fall 2021 Semester
- GPA of at least 3.5 (on 4.0 scale)
- Commitment to graduate study in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities through university activities, work/internship experience, or volunteer/community engagement
It is not necessary to have been accepted into the DBMD program at the time of submitting the scholarship application. However, only an admitted DBMD student will be eligible to receive this highly competitive award. Applications are reviewed by the Global Programs awards committee, whose members are comprised of graduate-level faculty and administrators from across Temple University. The winner of the #WhyTemple DBMD Scholarship will be asked to serve as an ambassador for the DBMD program, which may include communicating with prospective DBMD students and sharing their experiences through information sessions and videos. Sustaining the scholarship is contingent upon maintaining a GPA of 3.25.
Please submit an online application, which includes the items below:
- 500 - 1,000-word essay prompt (instructions within application)
- Transcript (in English)
- One letter of recommendation from home university advisor or professor
DBMD students receive merit-based scholarships every semester provided they maintain a 3.0 GPA. You do not need to apply separately. You will automatically be considered for a scholarship when you apply. Scholarships are 10%-20% of tuition based on your GPA.